Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Ape Escape game doesn't seem like an "Ape Escape game".

So, as you may or may not know, there's a new Ape Escape game coming out for Playstation Move. I don't like it at all. Now, I've been a fan of Ape Escape since AE2, and was super excited to hear they were releasing a new game on PS3. That was, until, I heard what they're doing with it. Instead of being a platformer like the first games, part of what made it fun, it's now an on-rail shooter of sorts. It's not a shooter, but it is a first person view where the only control you have is of the tools it gives you, like a net and banana. You have no control over your character, meaning the game moves him once you've caught the monkeys.

They've gone away completely from what made the Ape Escape games so fun. If they kept it a platformer like the first games, I'd get it, but I'm definitely not getting this game. Maybe they'll make another game, one that actually fits in with the franchise, but until then, I'll be playing my other games. So, what do you think of the new Ape Escape game?

No comments:

Post a Comment