Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Mirror's Edge Review

I loved this game, so I'll start by listing the positives of this game. First off, it seems very new to the gaming industry with the fun gameplay and amazing first person view. Also, it's amazing when you get that run going, the one that just isn't stopping, and you're able to mix all these cool moves together. And that's where it messes up, too. Way too many times, you've got a great stride going, and suddenly, you have to stop in order to figure out just what the heck you're supposed to doing next, and it totally ruins that great experience.

Then, there's the guns. This is what I feel held the game back from being so great. There are these perfect times when you're swiftly moving around the game and suddenly you come up to these enemies with guns. Most of the time, you can't run away from them, so you're going to have to fight them. Fighting the enemies later in the game gets so frustrating, because there are so many of them, and you're getting shot at while you're fighting another one, and you die. And die. And die. I could not count the number of times I died in this game.

Also, where I feel the game really shined was when you were running across the rooftops, not inside a mall. The inside parts weren't terrible, they just paled in comparison the the rooftop sequences.

Okay, that's my review. Hope you liked it! Tell me what you though in the comments, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment